...just the story of a third grade teacher who is planning a wedding, teaching, experiencing a long-distance relationship, and getting used to this thing called growing up...

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

57 days till Graduation...

So today marks the day that it will only be 57 days till I have completed my Masters Degree. Now I know I have been counting down for sometime now, and have a lot to finish and complete before May 6 gets here. These past two years have flown by so fast. I can hardly believe that 2 years ago I was completing my Student Internship and getting ready to graduate with my Undergraduate Degree.

The job search has been going and going....but not really "going anywhere". With all of these budget cuts, I pray every night that someone will see my spark, drive, and talent ( as well as my unique Masters Degree) and hire me to enrich the lives of today's youth :).

Today for my Capstone Course (Masters Project) we started our bi-weekly "Tech Club" where we will be integrating Technology and Literacy with the Kindergarten Students at Macfeat Laboratory School. In addition, we are inviting parents to come and learn about what the students are studying and to learn new ways that technology can be used in their own homes. As well as learning great tips for reading aloud with their children. Our first meeting was on Dinosaurs and Fossils. I read a blog, Free Technology for Teachers regularly and found a great post sharing how there was a simulation on the Smithsonian's Website about Fossils. This was great as we read the Book, Fossils Tell of Long Ago.

This book was great informational text to help explain what Fossils are and where they have come from. The children loved the book, but the best part was getting to work with the "Big Computer" (AKA SMARTboard). Each student was able to take part in the "Virtual Dig". It was so neat to hear what they already knew about paleontologist as well as their enthusiasm to be virtual paleontologist. This piece of technology allows students to go through the whole process of being a paleontologist and what happens to the remains once it reaches the museum.

With 57 days left till graduation, I have so much to be thankful for as well. The opportunities I have been afforded by working at the laboratory school are unreal. I am just so lucky that I chose my destiny of sticking around Winthrop and knocking my Masters out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment