...just the story of a third grade teacher who is planning a wedding, teaching, experiencing a long-distance relationship, and getting used to this thing called growing up...

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tales from The Third Grade...

Well I survived. Well, the first week and two days. After the first three days of having break downs during the day while the kids were away and break downs while I was there late in the afternoon, I finally have had 4 days with out any tears.
On Wednesday, November 10, I found out I got a job at a school out in Aiken as a third grade teacher. I started that following Monday. My world has been upside down ever since. My parents and I, as well as my WONDERFUL principal helped me get my room in some type of order that Saturday before my first day.

My little school :)

This school is very cute and very full wonderful co-workers who I can definitely call my friends. It is not anywhere close to my current residence with the best roomies ever (Mom & Dad), but after scooting up the road to I-20 and about 30-35 minutes later after getting off I-20 and on every little back road - BAM - you are at my school!!!

I have 22 wonderful little learners ready to soak in all that Ms. Sink has to share with them. I am still getting into the routine of getting up @ 5:30 AM and making my trek down the road. As soon as they come in - I know its all worth it because they are the reason why i teach!!!!

Now to the good stuff..... MY ROOM!!!! Well the room in the works!!!!













Now off to enjoy the Wednesday before Thankgiving with JOHN :)

1 comment:

  1. I remember the overwhelming feeling of my first week teaching like it was yesterday!! Each day you are there gets better and better. And just think of how much smoother things will run next year with a year under your belt. I've told you before...if you need ANYTHING...just ask!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete