...just the story of a third grade teacher who is planning a wedding, teaching, experiencing a long-distance relationship, and getting used to this thing called growing up...

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Crisp, Cool Weather

As I enjoy my last weekend in Charleston for a while, I am sitting here enjoying my day, watching Clemson football, and loving life at this moment.

John's Berkeley Stags won their first round play off game last night against Camden. They will play Midland Valley Mustangs next Friday night at Midland Valley (MV). MV is right around the corner, outside of Graniteville. If everything works out right with getting someone to cover me for work, I will be there with Mom & Dad cheering on the Berkeley Stags!!!!

Last night I had dinner with Molly & Emily, two of my favorites from Winthrop and sisters of ZTA with me. We had a great time which made me feel like I was in college again catching up over a meal at White Horse or El Cancun or Sake (eateries in Rock Hill). We went to 17 North Roadside Kitchen. It was AMAZING!!! I had their Pot Roast that was on top of mashed potatoes. :)


Today while I am waiting on John to return home from his football meetings, I went to the store to get all the ingredients needed for Taco Soup. I first was introduced to Taco Soup by one of my families from Macfeat. I have made it before last year, and it is super easy!

Taco Soup

  • 28-oz can crushed tomatoes (make sure you get crushed and not diced!)
  • 1 can black beans, undrained
  • 1 can corn, undrained
  • 1 can red kidney beans, undrained
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 1 packet hidden valley ranch salad dressing mix
  • 1 lb. ground beef , browned and drained

Combine all in slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve with cheese, sour cream and chips!




Happy Saturday Everyone!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment